We are so excited to get our students back together and on campus at The Flipside! Please read all the information below.
High School Ministry
October 14th is the night!
Below we detail our plan to re-gather safely on campus following all local, state, and Flipside’s protocols and procedures; while also allowing students to experience the spiritual, emotional, physical, and social necessities that come with worshipping Jesus together in a large group and building deep relationships in small groups.
To do this we will need your partnership:
- First and foremost we need your help in following all our procedures as a parent and student; as well as praying for Christ to transform our students lives.
- Secondly: We will need many more volunteers to execute a great night of ministry.
Here are the roles we still need filled:
Our large group programming will take place in the parking lot and group times on each side of the building. Students will rotate clockwise to avoid cross-traffic.
In order to maintain social distancing, allow each ministry to worship together, and also better target programming to each specific ministry…here is our schedule: (Bring Your Own Chair!)
Middle School Ministry (6:30 – 8p) High School Ministry (7-8:30p)
– 6:30p: Welcome/game
– 6:40p: Worship
– 7:00p: Message – 7:00p: Welcome/Groups
– 7:20p: Switch – 7:20p: Switch
– 7:25p: Groups – 7:25p: Worship
– – 7:45p: Message
– 8:00p: MSM Pickup – 8:05p: Groups
– – 8:30p: HSM Pickup
Drop-off & Pick-up:
- At your students respective drop off times, drive through the front parking lot of the Church entering from the Milliken side of The Flipside. Your student will head directly to their program (MSM Students) or their groups (HSM Students). Exit right as you leave.
- When you pick up your student text Summer for MSM (##) or Jimmy for HSM (##) and we will dismiss your student to the front of the Church to be picked up. Exit right as you leave.
- Like house groups; if you have experienced any symptoms of COVID-19 or been within 6 feet of anyone who has tested positive with COVID-19 within the last 14 days please stay home.
- Taking your chair with you, line up on the socially distanced dots beginning at the West Gate.
- Your student will be checked into Planning Center and directed where to go.
- Students must maintain social distancing and wear their masks while on campus
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What’s everything my student will need?
- The Flipside Covid release form submitted: https://flipside.churchcenter.com/people/forms/157315
- A mask
- A chair
- A Bible (worship and scripture will be provided in a handout or QR code, we also have Bibles to give to your student if they do not have one)
- Why do we need to bring our own chair?
- In order to assure that each chair is clean and there is no cross-contamination as students rotate through the program, each student will need to bring their own chair to carry with them through the night.
- We will have a limited amount of chairs if your student brings a friend who doesn’t have one.
- I have a MS & HS student; what am I supposed to do with the time gaps before and after programming?
- During COVID restrictions we will need parents to either serve alongside their MS student (HS students can serve without an adult at the start of programming) or stay with their student in the car. There is a wide range of service opportunities for all interests/capabilities.
- Serving others is a fundamental aspect of growing in our faith. Serving allows us to discover and build the gifts and abilities God has given as well as allowing us to see God use us to make a difference. We highly encourage your student to serve.
- Once COVID restrictions are removed there will be more opportunities for families and their students alongside the previous service opportunities. (Ideas are: Homework Clubs and/or supervised recreation)
- What happens when we know someone who has COVID came to youth group?
- The definition of exposure is 15 minutes or more at less than 6 feet apart. We are creating an experience where this should not happen.
- If it does, families of exposed students will be notified of exposure, encouraged to be tested, and all students/volunteers involved will be asked to self-quarantine for 14 days.
- We will not disclose names or personal details.
- Will there still be a digital option?
- Streaming the service (whether live or pre-recorded) will be part of our ministry now and moving forward.
- At the moment digital students will join their groups over zoom for live group discussion.
- There is an option for an all-online digital group as the need arises.
- Here’s what it will look like when both groups are on campus:
High School Ministries
Designed for High School Students (9th -12th grades) to fuel their passion for Jesus Christ and to live out their faith in every aspect of their lives. Partnering with mature adult disciples; we use Biblical teaching, worship, activities, games, events, camps, and missions to build community and to deepen/mobilize faith.
What to expect Sunday’s
Flipside encourages all High School students to participate with adults Sunday Morning. As students mobilize into a faith that is authentically theirs they will be brought into the broader Flipside family as we worship together.
What to Expect Wednesdays
Wednesday Nights is the most important time for our Student Ministries. It is our goal to create a community of students and adults committed to growing in their relationship with Jesus Christ.
Our Wednesday night program is from 6:30 – 8:30pm. There is a snack bar available before we start. Each night will consist of a game, worship, a topical lesson, and then time in gender and grade based growth groups.
Gender and grade specific growth groups are the focus of our ministry. This is where students will grow in Christ as they participate in a community designed to last not only their time in the ministry but also in life. Each group is led by men and women of the Flipside community so it can be a safe place for students to grow in their faith together.
Our teaching Wednesday nights are biblically inspired topical lessons delivered in a relevant and applicable style. Each lesson is aimed at the transformation only Jesus Christ can bring through His Living Word.
We believe every student deserves an adult who will never give up on them, who understands the power of connection, and insists that they become the best of who God has called them to be. These adults are background checked and trained so that your student is safely mentored and shown Jesus Christ.